Call us at 888-244-8948
Bone Broth Breakthrough Book Excerpt
This is an excerpt from the new book by Dr Josh Axe, Bone Broth Breakthrough. I have to note that I am really excited about the associated new product, Bone Broth Protein! It is a protein made from drying the bone broth. Fantastic!!
From the Book:
Considered to be one of the most ancient and remarkable nutritional substances on the planet, bone broth is a beneficial “elixir” made from simmered animals bones. Not only does bone broth taste great and provide numerous nutrients and beneficial compounds, but it’s versatile and easy to use in many recipes.
Yet the vast majority of the general public passes up the opportunity to boost their health with bone broth, often unaware of how incredibly good it is for you. Instead, if any broth is consumed, it’s often the store-bought, processed, sodium-filled, nutritionally bankrupt versions.
Bone broth is a great place to find valuable amino acids, collagen, gelatin and trace minerals. In fact, there are dozens of different nutrients found within bone broth, many of which can’t be obtained easily from other commonly eaten foods...
...Although animal ligaments, joints and bones might not seem very appealing to eat, they are highly nutritious parts of the animal that hold ingredients not readily available in muscle meat or plant foods. Throughout history, bone broth was sipped on not only because it was comforting, but also because it was said to help calm the nerves, improve energy and promote healthy aging.
Up until recently, western culture has mostly ignored the benefits of traditional bone broths. Many people are hesitant to consume animal parts other than meat or to cook with bones, marrow and cartilage. Luckily, today more emphasis is being placed on the importance of obtaining nutrients naturally, rather than turning to synthetic supplements. Bone broth is making a huge comeback and even being called a “superfood.”
Over the past century, more and more research has shown us that overall health highly depends on the state of the microbiome, or the mix of microorganisms living within the intestinal tract. Most systems, if not every system, of the body are interrelated to the health of our guts, which are dependent on the state of our microbiomes. That’s because an unbalanced ratio of bad-to- good bacteria, fungus, yeast and microbes living within the gut alters how the immune system works...
...What if I told you there was an easy way to receive all of the benefits of bone broth without having to spend hours making it or paying a high price for the frozen variety? That’s where Bone Broth Protein Powder comes in. Bone Broth Protein is bone broth liquid that is dehydrated, making it into a concentrated source of high-quality and tasty powder.
This is THE protein powder I recommend to all of my patients because of the incredible health benefits and its convenience and ease of use. As wonderful as bone broth is, preparing and consuming it regularly is a daunting task to say the least. With Bone Broth Protein, one can consume health-giving bone broth in literally seconds with no prep or cleanup at home, work or when traveling.
A quality Bone Broth Protein Powder (not to be confused with bouillon cubes, which are packed with artificial flavorings and sodium) comes with the same benefits of a homemade broth, but it’s also just as tolerable for digestion and versatile in so many recipes. In addition, Bone Broth Protein supplies 20 grams of muscle-building protein to support healthy muscle building and maintenance and metabolism.
What is the difference between Bone Broth Protein and collagen powder? Most collagen powders on the market today contain types 1 and 3 collagen but don’t have the other beneficial nutrients found in chicken bone broth. Bone Broth Protein contains high levels of type 2 collagen but also contains vital minerals, including potassium, magnesium, calcium, selenium, glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), hyaluronic acid, glucosamine and chondroitin.
Because Bone Broth Protein contains higher levels of type 2 collagen (support for the gut, skin, immune system and joints) while bovine collagen contains higher levels of type 1 and 3 collagen (support for hair, skin, bones and muscle), I recommend my patients use both on a daily basis.
FIVE BIG BENEFITS OF BONE BROTH PROTEIN
- Saves You Time - Bone Broth Protein is easier than making bone broth yourself at home, not as messy and will give back time to your already busy schedule.
- Super Cost-Effective - If you go out and purchase a bag or jar of bone broth liquid from a retailer or your local farmers market, you will pay an average of $5.50 per serving versus paying only $2.25 per serving of Bone Broth Protein. You save twice a much!
- Packed with Protein - With 20 grams of high-quality, easily digestible protein per serving, Bone Broth Protein is a fantastic way to help you and your family meet your daily protein requirements.
- Superior Protein - For many people, protein powders can be diffcult to digest. For those with dairy or egg sensitivities, whey, casein and egg white protein can cause digestive and other issues, as can brown rice and pea protein for those who don’t digest grains or legumes well.
- Diet and Gut-Friendly - If you’re following a gut-supportive diet, leaky gut diet, elimination diet, gluten-free diet, low carbohydrate diet or a real food diet, this is the perfect protein powder for you. Bone Broth Protein is high in proline and glutamine, which are amino acids that support the digestive system.